The main difference between notice and circular is, notice is a written form of communication which is used for giving information or message by keeping at a particular place for large audience whereas circular is a written form of communication which is used for giving information in the form of email or letter for a selective target audience. In other words, Notice and circular can differ in a manner that, notice is used to inform a large number audience whereas circular is used to inform a selective target audience.
Now let’s discuss notice in detail to understand in a much easier way.
Notice is a written form of communication that is used for giving information about a particular subject like properties, goods, or subject regarding leave, etc. Notice uses in various forms like an invitation to a meeting, an announcement of any event, to issue certain instructions, etc. As notice uses for a wider range of public so it has placed in a public area like notice board or if it has to inform people at wider range then it has written in newspapers. Whenever any important notice has to be published either it’s from the government or any organization then it has published in national or local newspapers.
The format of the notice has very simple as it is a formal document then it has to follow a certain format. There has a particular format of notice for all that everyone has to follow that format. Format of notice are as follows:-
1. Name of issuing organization/authority.
It means notice will start from the name of issuing organization/ authority at the right top of the notice. This written name of organization or authority will help the person or the reader to identify the notice is important for him or not.
It means when we write notice then there has to write “NOTICE’ at the top. This attracts attention to the people towards this. As notices have been used for important events so it is generally posted in the public area of if it’s from the government or any organization for any awareness then it is published in local or national newspapers. Tittle has important to attract the attention of the people so they read it with attention.
It means when we write the name of issuing organization or authority and notice in the capital letter at the top then there has to write the date of issue. It is written on the left side. As this is a formal document so the date of the issue is very important to take a record of that.
It means after all these above formalities now it is important to give proper notice of the document. This heading indicates the notice. It means it indicates for what reason this notice is. It can also be named as the subject of notice which represents the main moto of notice.
Now after writing the heading of the notice which also represents the subject of the notice. Now write briefly about that title. The body has the main context of notice. It says a brief data about that subject for which notice is written.
6. Write’s the name.
After writing the body of the notice now at the end of the notice the name of the writer is written. It represents who written this notice.
As notice uses to inform about some events so notice generally covers all those points which need to be written to give a brief data to communicate with the readers.
Important points need to be in mind while writing any notice:-
• It is important to be a point. Use only those data which need to be in content. An ideal notice is 50-60 words.
• As to communicate easily with the readers it is important to use simple language to connect with readers.
• Try to use only passive voice as much as possible.
• It is important to present that notice in a rectangular box. The content written in that box should be neat and clean so the reader can easily connect with that notice.
Now let’s summarise it. Notice is a formal document so it is a proper format that is important to follow. As it uses to inform people at a wider range so it has either on the notice board or any local or national newspapers if it is issued by a government or any organization for any awareness or any important point. It has a proper format in which we use the name of organization or authority, date of issue, notice at the top, and the subject of notice after that we write in brief as underbody.
Now let’s discuss the circular in detail to understand it in a much easier way.
Circular is a written form of communication that is used for giving information in the form of email or letters to a selective target audience. Circular can be understood as it is a written form of communication which use in any company or organization to inform about a specific matter either by using email or letter. As it is used for a selective target audience so privacy is an issue in the circular that’s why it is done by using email or letter.
Advantages of circular:-
• As it is a very simple and convenient way of communication as it uses email or letter for communication so there is a very low chance of any miscommunication.
• As it uses email or letter so it is very less expensive.
• Email or letter takes very little time to communicate. So it is also time-efficient. It takes very little time to communicate with a large audience.
• Circular is a very simple and easy-to-use method.
• It also uses for advertising to know people about their company in very little time. So it can also be a better way for advertisement.
The format of the circular is very as if it uses email then it has to put the email address of that special person and will have written the subject for which he wants to email and then just email it. If it uses a letter then at the top write the date and place and say hello to the next person and just write the content for which you to write a letter to him and just send it. So it is a very easy way to communicate with people. There is no need to be high-level knowledge for this.
Let’s take an example to understand it. If a company wants to inform his employee about a certain topic. Then he will email him as well write his email address and the subject for which he wants to inform him. And then he will just email him. So it is a very easy and convenient way to communicate with a large audience. But its use only for a selective target audience, it doesn’t use to inform at public places.
• Notice is a written form of communication which use to inform people about a certain point by keeping it at a public place whereas circular is also a written form of communication which use to inform a selective target audience.
• Circular use either email or letter to communicate with people whereas notice uses by keeping it in a public place or any local or national newspapers.
• As notice is a formal document so it uses a specific format whereas circular has not used a specific format.
• While writing notice it is important to put the place of organization or authority, date, notice in a capital letter at the top, title, and then brief about the title in body section whereas in circular there does not need to follow these much processes.
• Notice use to draw the attention of the people about certain awareness or any other topic by keeping it at public places while circular use to inform or do advertisement.